Regular maintenance is the best way to keep you from needing transmission and auto repair in Metairie-New Orleans.
You were thinking about taking a “mental health day” from work to take a wetlands walk in Marrero’s Barataria Preserve. But you’re having doubts about it because you’re having some trouble getting your car in gear.
Unfortunately, that sounds as if your transmission might be going. That’s bad news if that’s what is happening. If it is, the auto repair experts at Twin Tire and Auto Care can help. But there are ways to head off trouble and keep your transmission going. The number one thing you can do is really easy – have your transmission fluid checked and changed regularly. (We can’t stress enough that the best way to ward off serious car trouble of all types is regular maintenance.)
While regularly changing your transmission fluid is the number one tip, there are other ways to prolong the life of your transmission. Six tips from Transmasters:
- Do not rock back and forth if you get stuck in mud (or snow).
- Try to come to a complete halt before changing from drive to reverse or from reverse to drive.
- Do not drive your car if you have a transmission fluid leak or the fluid is below the “add fluid” line.
- Have your transmission serviced every year or every 15,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Don’t drive when your engine is overheating.
- If you think something might be wrong with your transmission, get it to an auto repair shop [such as Twin Tire and Auto Care] as soon as possible.
When it comes to finding an auto repair shop in the Metairie-New Orleans area, think Twin Tire and Auto Care whether it’s for regular maintenance or heavy duty repair work. We’ve been the trusted auto mechanics in Metairie-New Orleans for more than 40 years. We have three conveniently located shops in Harvey, Hammond and Marrero to service cars and light trucks. For heavy trucks, try our Harahan location. We service all types of vehicles – gas, diesel, electric and hybrid. And we have a January special of a $25 gift certificate to use whatever way you want (except on a conventional oil change).