Taking the time now to get your car ready for a summer of New Orleans fun will help make sure your adventures go as planned.
It's Jazz in the Park time - one of the best rites of spring in New Orleans. It's also a signal that summer is just around the corner. Summer with its short day trips, weekend jaunts and longer road trips. It's a time when you want to be able to rely on your car rather than find yourself broken down by the side of the road because of some problem that could have been avoided with a bit of preventive auto care.
The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) agrees that spring is a good time for auto care and regular car maintenance. It offers several tips for springtime auto care. Among them:
- "Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. corrected before hot weather sets in.
- "Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual's recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically. ...
- "The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
- "Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.
- "Change the oil and oil filter as specified in owner's manual. (Properly dispose of used oil.)
- "Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended.
- "Check the condition of tires, including the spare. ...
- "Inspect all lights and bulbs; replace burned out bulbs.
- "Replace worn wiper blades and keep plenty of washer solvent on hand to combat summer's dust and insects."
Or, forget the list and make it easy on yourself by bringing your car to Twin Tire and Auto Care, the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has experienced qualified technicians at three convenient locations in the New Orleans area for auto care and auto repair - Marrero, Hammond and Harvey. Twin Tire also has a location for heavy commercial vehicles in Harahan.
While you're here, sign up for the Twin Tire Rewards program. It's free. Once you're signed up, you get points for every qualified purchase. You can redeem those points for discount auto care or travel perks (summer is coming) or donate them to a local charity like Cafe Hope, a nonprofit culinary arts and life skills program for opportunity youth ages 17-24 throughout the Greater New Orleans area.
New Orleans Auto Care | New Orleans Car Repair | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoCare #NewOrleansCarRepair #TwinTireandAutoCare