A brake checkup is an important part of regular auto care.
You were driving back home from the Gospel Lunch at the House of Blues yesterday when you noticed your brakes seemed a bit mushy. You're hoping it was your imagination because it seems as if you just got them fixed not too long ago.
Unfortunately, you could be right that your brakes didn't last very long. That can happen if you chose the wrong brakes for your vehicle and driving style. It can also happen if you don't pay attention to regular brake maintenance and auto care. Autoanything.com has five suggestions for making your brakes last longer:
- "Check your brake fluid. You need to make sure the brake fluid is good and that it is at the appropriate level.
- "Change the brake fluid if necessary. If your brake fluid has a milky color, it means that water or condensation has infiltrated the fluid and you need to change the brake fluid. Leaving contaminated brake fluid alone destroys your master cylinder in the brake system. It also deteriorates your wheel cylinders.
- "To change the brake fluid in your vehicle, you need to add new fluid into your master cylinder.
- "Bleed your brake lines in order to get all of the air out of them. This usually requires two people: one to pump the brakes while the other watches the bleeder valve, closing the valve when brake fluid begins to flow through.
- "Inspect the brake pads and rotors to ensure they’re still looking good. You can do this by removing the tire. If the brake pads are showing wear to the extent that you can't see much of the pad, it’s time to replace them."
Phew! That sounds like a lot to do. But it isn't if you just bring your car to Twin Tire and Auto Care to have our ASE-certified auto care technicians do the maintenance on your car or truck. Twin Tire has been the trusted auto care and auto repair shop in New Orleans since 1973. Twin Tire has locations in Marrero, Hammond and Harvey to serve you. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
New Orleans | Brakes Near Me | Auto Care Near Me | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleans #BrakesNearMe #AutoCareNearMe #TwinTireandAutoCare