Spring is a prime time for auto care.
The year seems to be passing quickly. It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating the New Year and now spring has sprung, daylight saving time has kicked in and we're about to celebrate Easter. But before you get wrapped up in choosing your Easter bonnet, egg hunts and parades, you need to think about your car's welfare.
"Spring is one of the prime times for auto maintenance," says the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. "Some preparation now will help ensure that your summer driving plans go as smoothly as you envision then now."
The ASE has several tips for spring auto care:
- "Read the owner's manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
- "Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. corrected before hot weather sets in.
- "Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual's recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
- "The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
- "Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.
- "Change the oil and oil filter as specified in owner's manual. (Properly dispose of used oil.)
- "Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended.
- "Check the condition of tires, including the spare. Always check tire pressure when the tires are cold.
- "Inspect all lights and bulbs; replace burned out bulbs.
- "Replace worn wiper blades and keep plenty of washer solvent on hand to combat summer's dust and insects."
And, of course, look for an auto care center staffed with ASE-certified auto care and auto repair technicians, like those at Twin Tire and Auto Care. Twin Tire has been the reliable auto care and auto repair service center in the New Orleans area since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient locations to serve you and your car or light truck: Marrero, Hammond and Harvey. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan to service heavy commercial vehicles.
While you're here, treat yourself to some rewards. The Twin Tire Rewards program gives you a chance to earn points on qualifying services. You can spend those points on auto care, auto repair, travel, or even donate them to a local charity. It's free to sign up and helps you save.
New Orleans | Auto Care | Auto Repair | Twin Tire Rewards | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleans #AutoCareNearMe #AutoRepair #TwinTireRewards #TwinTireandAutoCare