Regular auto service and auto care can offset the effects of “severe” driving conditions.
Are you one of those people who mostly uses your car to drive to work, shopping and an occasional event, such as the Treme Festival? If so, it might be a surprise to find that you could be considered a “severe” driver who’s putting their car at risk for increased wear and tear.
Rich White, executive director of the Car Care Council, explains that most driving today is considered “severe” because of road conditions, short commutes, stop-and-go traffic, and salty air, among other things:
“According to definition, most driving is going to be considered ‘severe.’ However, there are easy steps you can take to limit the amount of wear and tear on your vehicle and improve fuel economy. By properly maintaining and repairing your vehicle, it will perform safely, dependably and efficiently for years to come, no matter the driving conditions.”
The council offers these tips to help you keep your car in tiptop shape despite daily stresses:
- “Follow the ‘severe’ service schedule in your owner’s manual.
- “Check fluids, including oil, and filters more frequently.
- “Have certain components such as brakes and shocks inspected more regularly.
- “Observe the speed limit. Gas mileage decreases rapidly above 60 mph.
- “Avoid quick starts and stops. Aggressive driving can lower gas mileage.
- “Don’t haul unneeded items in the trunk as extra weight will reduce fuel economy.
- “Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage.”
The place for auto care in New Orleans is Twin Tire and Auto Care. Twin Tire’s certified auto mechanics have been the trusted auto service and auto repair experts in New Orleans since 1973. Twin Tire has three locations to serve you and your car or light truck: Marrero, Hammond and Harvey. If you have a heavy, commercial vehicle, try our Harahan location.
New Orleans | Auto Care | Auto Repair | Auto Service | Auto Mechanic | Marrero | Harvey | Hammond | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleans #AutoCare #AutoRepair #AutoService #AutoMechanic #Marrero #Harvey #Hammond #TwinTireandAutoCare