Regular auto care is a way to save money at the gas pump.
Drivers have seen some relief in the past few weeks as gas prices have dropped. The savings car owners are seeing can make it harder to remember that they can save even more money with a bit of attention to regular auto care.
“Proactive vehicle maintenance is a motorist’s best money saving tip,” said Rich White, executive director of the nonprofit Car Care Council. “Routine auto care not only helps save on fuel costs, but it helps identify small issues so they can be serviced before they become bigger and more costly to repair.”
The council recommends five simple steps to savings:
- "Check tire pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- "Use the right motor oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- "Replace clogged air filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- "Check engine performance: Keep your engine running efficiently and improve gas mileage by an average of 4 percent.
- "Fix it: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent, according to fueleconomy.gov."
And, better yet, a car that's been taken care of will be reliable and you won't have to worry about getting places (like the Rolling Stones' music tribute by the Jazz Orchestra) every time you start the engine.
Twin Tire and Auto Care is the best place in New Orleans to get regular auto care and auto repair. Locally owned, Twin Tire has been the trusted auto care and auto repair shop in the New Orleans area since 1973. Twin Tire has locations in Marrero, Harvey and Hammond to serve you. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
New Orleans | Auto Care Near Me | Auto Repair Near Me | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleans #AutoCareNearMe #AutoRepairNearMe #TwinTireandAutoCare