It goes without saying that you want your car brakes to function, but that’s especially true when kids are playing in New Orleans’ streets.
One of the happiest days for New Orleans kids is rapidly approaching – the last day of school before the long summer break. And you know what that means, kids running everywhere – in yards, on the sidewalks, in the streets. With so many kids darting about, you want to make especially sure that your car brakes are in good working order.
Direct General Insurance reminds drivers that it’s a good idea to periodically check your brakes to make sure they’re in tip top shape. And, the company says, you need to periodically replace your brake pads because they wear out with normal driving. Direct offers these tips to help you know if you need to replace your brake pads:
- If the brake pads have 1/8” or less of padding, it’s time to replace them.
- The rotor disc should be shiny and may have some lines, but if you see grooves and rough spots you may need to have the rotor replaced.
- Check for brake dust, which can be on your front tires and around on your car. If the brake dust suddenly disappears, it could be a sign that you need to replace them immediately and they are completely worn.
- If you hear a metallic screeching noise when you brake, it could be a key indicator that you need a brake pad replacement.
- If you feel your car shake, grind or pull to one side when you hit the brakes, it could be a sign that they need to be checked out.
If you do need your brakes checked, replaced or repaired, you want to come to the trusted New Orleans auto repair and car care experts, Twin Tire and Auto Care. Twin Tire has been the New Orleans area’s expert in all phases of auto care and car repair since 1973. Twin Tire has service centers in Marrero, Hammond and Harvey to service your car or light truck. Twin Tire also has a New Orleans area location in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
Be sure to sign up for the Twin Tire Rewards program. The free program lets you accumulate points for every qualified purchase. You can trade those points for more great New Orleans auto care or car repair, or use them to get travel perks, or donate them to a New Orleans charity like Covenant House of New Orleans.
Brakes New Orleans | New Orleans Car Care | New Orleans Auto Repair | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#BrakesNewOrleans #NewOrleansCarCare #NewOrleansAutoRepair #TwinTireandAutoCare