If you're thinking about taking a road trip to get away from New Orleans, tires should be one of the first items you check.
It's summer time and, for many, that means weekend road trips to get away from the hustle and bustle of New Orleans. You could take a leisurely drive along the Mississippi or have a destination in mind, like this weekend's Ruston Peach Fest.
Of course, you know that, before you get on the road, you need to make sure your car is ready for the trip. That especially goes for your tires. You may think you check your tires by eyeballing them every so often (they don't LOOK flat), but, if you're like most New Orleans drivers, you may not know what you're looking at. A survey by the Rubber Manufacturers Association showed that:
- Only 17 percent of drivers are "tire smart" or know hot to properly check tire pressure.
- Only 50 percent of drivers know where to find the correct inflation pressure for their vehicle: a label on a vehicle’s driver side door or owner’s manual.
- 50% of drivers wrongly believe that the correct pressure is listed on the tire sidewall.
- 1 out of 3 drivers don’t know that tires should be checked “cold” – before driving.
- 35 percent of drivers do not know how to tell if their tires are bald.
- 4 in 10 drivers believe they can determine if a tire is under inflated just by looking.
- 2 out 3 drivers do not check the tire pressure in their spare tire.
To be safe, it's best to consult a New Orleans tire expert, like the certified auto care techs at Twin Tire Auto Care, to make sure your tires are good to go.
Twin Tire has been the New Orleans tire care service center of choice since it opened in 1973. If you happen to need new tires, Twin Tire carries all brands, sizes and type of tire to fit any driving need or style.
While you're at Twin Tire, be sure to sign up for the Twin Tire Rewards loyalty program. It's free. You get points for each qualified purchase that you can trade in on more great New Orleans auto care and auto repair. Or you can trade your points in for travel perks. You can also donate your points to a New Orleans charity like Covenant House New Orleans.
New Orleans Tires | New Orleans Auto Care | New Orleans Auto Repair | Twin Tire Auto Care
#NewOrleansTires #NewOrleansAutoCare #NewOrleansAutoRepair #TwinTireAutoCare