When you need New Orleans auto care, the certified New Orleans auto care specialists at Twin Tire will help you.
You've probably been seeing the reminders to turn your clocks and watches ahead before you go to bed tonight because daylight saving time begins early tomorrow morning. With those reminders come some safety reminders - check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. But, according to the nonprofit Car Care Council, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are not the only items that should be on your daylight saving time checklist. Your car should also be there.
“Checking your vehicle thoroughly and taking steps to have auto repairs performed before the spring and summer driving season will not only give you peace of mind, but will also help avoid the inconvenience and potential safety hazards of breaking down when you’re miles from home,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council.
The Car Care Council even provided a list:
- Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving at night and during spring showers.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Underinflated tires reduce a vehicle’s fuel economy and uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check filters and fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant. Dirty air filters can waste gas and cause the engine to lose power.
- Check the hoses and belts and replace if they become loose, cracked, brittle, frayed or show signs of excessive wear as they are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical, air conditioning, power steering and cooling systems.
- Check the brake system and make sure the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center since 1973. Twin Tire has three conveniently located New Orleans auto repair and auto care service centers to help you: Marrero, Harvey and Hammond. Twin Tire also has a New Orleans auto care and auto repair service center in Harahan for heavy commercial vehicles.
New Orleans Auto Care | New Orleans Auto Repair | Twin Tire Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoCare #NewOrleansAutoRepair #TwinTireAutoCare