Regular auto care and auto service will help keep your car running at peak performance through the upcoming holidays.
October’s here and that means…Halloween! Yes, that “scary” time of year that’s an excuse for dressing up in really cool costumes. It’s also a time, according to the Car Care Council, to make sure your car is taken care of so it doesn’t turn into an evil creature that leaves you stranded by the side of the road when you want to be out trick or treating.
The council offers 10 tips for “Fall Car Care Month”:
- “Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- “Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- “Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- “Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- “Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- “Check engine performance to make sure it is delivering the best balance of power and fuel economy and producing the lowest level of emissions.
- “Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system as proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- “Inspect the steering and suspension system annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- “Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- “Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.”
The best place in New Orleans for auto care is Twin Tire and Auto Care. Twin Tire has been the trusted auto service and auto repair company of choice since 1973. Twin Tire has three convenient locations to serve you – Marrero, Harvey and Hammond. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan to take care of heavy, commercial vehicles.
New Orleans | Auto Care | Auto Repair | Auto Service | Marrero | Harvey | Hammond | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleans #AutoCare #AutoRepair #AutoService #Marrero #Harvey #Hammond #TwinTireandAutoCare