A New Orleans auto care expert will help ensure your car is ready to handle all kinds of weather.
The best thing about the rain and thunderstorms that are predicted for the next few days in New Orleans is the effect on the temperature. Rather than the usual blistering heat of a New Orleans mid-summer's day, the weather will be a bit cooler.
One of the worst things about the rain is having to drive around New Orleans in wet conditions. As smartmotorist.com says, "In stormy conditions, it is more difficult to see other vehicles, road signs and the road itself. It is critical to make sure you can see and be seen."
Smartmotorist offers tips for driving in wet weather. Among them:
- Slow down because it takes longer to stop and make adjustments in wet going.
- "Turn your headlights on even in a light rain, or in gloomy, foggy or overcast conditions. Not only do they help you see the road, but they'll help other drivers see you. If your car has daytime running lights you still should put them on, so vehicles behind you can see you better."
- "Never drive through moving water if you can't see the ground through it; your car could be swept off the road."
- "When driving through a puddle of uncertain depth, go slow. If it's deeper than the bottom of your doors, turn around and find another route. Deep water can cause serious damage to a modern car's electrical system."
- "Before it starts to rain, replace old or brittle wipers."
- "Check your tires on a regular basis. Bald tires significantly reduce your traction on wet roadways, and offer little resistance to hydroplaning. When your tires run over water, the water is displaced and it needs somewhere to go quickly. The best place is between the treads of your tires. If your tires are bald, the water has no place to go and you end up riding on a layer of water, like a boat."
As you can see from the above tips, good auto care is a big part of safe driving in wet weather. Or any weather, for that matter. And the best place to get regular auto care in New Orleans is Twin Tire and Auto Care.
Twin Tire has been the trusted New Orleans auto care and auto repair shop since 1973. Twin Tire's certified auto care technicians can help prepare your car to cope with any weather. Twin Tire carries all brands, sizes and style of tire for any make or model of car or driving style.
Be sure to sign up for the free Twin Tire Rewards program. You get points for every qualified purchase. You can cash in those points for more great New Orleans auto care. Or you could trade them for travel perks. Or dontate them to a New Orleans charity like the Fuller Center for Housing.
New Orleans Auto Care | Auto Care New Orleans | New Orleans Auto Repair | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleansAutoCare #AutoCareNewOrleans #NewOrleansAutoRepair #TwinTireandAuto Care