The Car Care Council offers seven signs that you need to get brake repair or brake service.
You’re considering going to this weekend’s Burlesque Festival. It would be a bit different from your usual weekend activities. But your brakes have been acting funny and you’re not sure whether you should risk driving in crowds.
If you’re that unsure of your brakes, you’re right. You shouldn’t be driving in crowds. Or anywhere else, for that matter. As Rich White, executive director of the Car Care Council, says, “When it comes to vehicle safety, the brake system is at the top of the list, so have your brakes checked by an auto service professional at least once a year. Knowing the key warning signs that your brakes may need maintenance will go a long way toward keeping you and others safe on the road.”
The council adds that “brakes are a normal wear item on any vehicle and they will eventually need to be replaced. Factors that can affect brake wear include driving habits, operating conditions, vehicle type and the quality of the brake lining material.”
The council recommends that motorists watch for seven signs that their brakes need to be inspected:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.
The place to take your car for brake service is Twin Tire and Auto Care. Twin Tire has been the trusted shop for all auto care and auto repair needs in New Orleans since 1973. Twin Tire has the expert auto mechanics who provide the fastest and most reliable brake repair available. Twin Tire has three locations in Marrero, Harvey and Hammond to service cars and light trucks. Twin Tire also has a location in Harahan for heavy, commercial vehicles.
New Orleans | Marrero | Brake Repair | Auto Care | Brake Service | Twin Tire and Auto Care
#NewOrleans #Marrero #BrakeRepair #AutoCare #BrakeService #TwinTireandAutoCare